Italian Baked Aubergine


Lots of exciting things are happening at Deliciously Directionless. New followers, new events and a new look blog page! I have changed the design of this page so that I can include more information - now you can easily find me on Facebook, Twitter and other affiliate web sites. You can subscribe to my blog or search it for favourite recipes – everything is available on a single page. I hope you like this new look; do let me know.

On my Facebook page I recently ran a little event called #YourChoiceMonday. This will be a monthly affair and on the 1st Monday of every month you can choose a dish that you would like to see on this blog. I’ll cook it & post a recipe! This month, one of my followers requested for Almond Biscotti, so I will be baking them over the weekend and posting the recipe next week. You too can be a part of this interactive event. Just head over to my Facebook page, ‘like’ it and you will be updated of forthcoming events.

Now after all that promotional stuff, let’s get down to today’s recipe! I am always looking for Italian recipes to try and I find that many of them are really simple, use just a few ingredients and rely on fresh herbs for flavours.  Aubergine (or eggplant or brinjal or melanzana as the Italians call it) is widely used in Italian cooking – in salads, appetisers and mains. This recipe for Italian Baked Aubergines came from Good Food Magazine’s August issue (India edition) and is quite easy. While on the subject, do subscribe to the magazine; it’s an investment for anyone who loves cooking!

This recipe serves 2 people.

You’ll need:

How to:





Labels: , , , ,