Some More Raspberry Recipes


After gorging on the cheesecake over the weekend (and of course sharing it with family & friends), I thought I’d post something a bit ‘lighter’! As promised in my earlier post, here is a recipe for Raspberry and Cilantro Salsa. I used some of the leftover berries to make a delicious Raspberry Compote, which went very well with the cheesecake and I also made a breakfast of it by slathering it on toast. Both recipes are quite easy to make, so have a go!

Raspberry and Cilantro Salsa

This salsa is a lovely combination of sweet, spicy and tart flavours and goes well with chips. It can also be used to garnish grilled meats.

You’ll need:


How to:


Raspberry Compote

This makes a great topping on cakes, ice creams and other desserts. It can also be used as a relish with barbecued meats. The cinnamon stick is optional but I suggest you add it as it mellows the tartness of the raspberries. If you want seedless compote, crush the raspberries and pass them through a sieve. 

You’ll need:

How to:

Labels: , , ,